It dates back to 1610 AD and was under the reign of Prince Fakhruddin II. It is a huge, square-shaped building with a length of about 58 meters. It is also surrounded by a square courtyard, with a fountain in the middle of which is a water fountain, and there used to be more than a well for collecting water.
The Khan consists of two floors, the architectural features which are made of curves, arches and domes. There is a dome above its northern entrance and one that rises above the eastern part of the building. It has two northern doors overlooking the harbor, and a southern one overlooking the courtyard of the “bab al-saray plaza”.
|Telephone||+961 7 727 344|
From 8AM to 4PM
This post is also available in: عربي